Coffee Brined Pork Tenderloin
• pork tenderloins, 2
• fresh brewed coffee, 2 cups
• water, 2 cups
• kosher salt, ¼ cup
• granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons
• brown sugar, 1 tablespoon
• molasses, 1 tablespoon
• thyme, fresh 2 sprigs
• garlic cloves, 5
• bay leaf, 1
• In a medium sauce pot add coffee, water, granulated sugar, salt, brown sugar, molasses, thyme, garlic, and bay leaf and bring to boil.
• Remove from heat and let cool.
• Place tenderloins and brine in container that allows the tenderloins to be fully submerged.
• Refrigerate overnight 8-12 hours.
• Remove tenderloins from the brine, pat dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides.
• Place the pan in center rack of 350 degree oven and roast the tenderloin until center is 125 degrees, occasionally turning the pork during cooking.
• Transfer pork tenderloin to cutting board. Let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Created by Chef Charlie Palmer. Check restaurant for current menu offerings.